|Meat Man Would Feel Right At Home|
Right, and now some more hilarious recipe sites (many of which are mentioned on Ghost Traveller too):
- The Vintage Cookbook Trials - does exactly what it says on the tin: tries out old recipes. It's kept very up-to-date and there are usable recipes on here.
- The Hungover Gourmet - a true celebration of retro recipes with the wonders of Spam, hotdogs and so forth. Superb links page, for any foodie modern or retro.
- A Flikr of a selection of vintage cookbook images.
- The Gallery Of Regrettable Food - those 'cookbooks' which were actually adverts, stuffed full on unwise ingredient combinations.
- Retro-Foods - The advantage here is that the recipes are tested, sorting the ridiculous from those which were merely terrifyingly photographed.
- Retro Recipe Attempts - Again, these are tested. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. The photos are great.
- Twisted Candy - a nice compendium of old recipes, with its own selection of links.