...I must tell you 7 things about myself. Luckily I am a world reknowned expert on myself and all things me-related, so I assure you this will be as educational as watching Mastermind (the real one, not the celeb one where they ask 'what day comes after Monday?').
1) I have a twin. She doesn't look like me, so she's like a secret twin. Mwahahaha. Opinion is divided over which is the ubiquitous 'evil' twin. I say it's her; everyone else says it's me.
2) During my marriage lessons, they asked us to think of an inspirational couple who were like us enough to empathise with, but would be aspirational and thought-provoking role models. This image immediately came into my mind. Obviously I'm Vince (except when I have the overriding urge to shout 'I'm a cockney flower, see me shower!' in the street).
|Don't know who they are? Search 'Mighty Boosh' on youtube.|
3) I love seafood, especially mussels and cockles. I like to go to Old Leigh On Sea and scoff freshly steamed cockles, jellied eels, prawns and so forth with my two seafood-and-beer addict companions, whom I met whilst at 'The UEA'. Together, we are known as the 'Three Muskerbeers'. All for one and one for all!
4) I like to read vintage cookbooks and marvel at the overly bright pictures from the days when you made a dish look tastier and more wholesome by adding a couple of those little supercook bottles of artifical food colour to it. Sometimes I try the recipes...luckily they rarely look like that and usually taste quite nice!
5) I once did a Master's in art and performance at The Central School Of Speech And Drama, luvvies, darlings, I'm frightfully sensitive really. My final performance was a scary Gothic installation, naturally.
6) I'm a firm Norf West Lahndanah. As any fule who has studied Shakespeare kno, Saahf London is a den of sin. I only cross the Thames to drink, nab freebe tasters from Borough Market and visit the theatre/some degenerate modern art gallery. Case closed.
7) I like to 'go and do' at the weekend, as Lord Florizel calls it. Basically, if I see somewthing on t'interweb, I must go and see/try/do it that very weekend. Today, I went and bought these (see below) at the London Vintage Fair.
|Moi? A geek? Why yes!|
I'm basically painfully hyperactive and can't sleep if I haven't had my 'doing' fix. Mind you, blogging would be considerably harder if I wasn't out shopping, museum-ing and drinking round London town.
Time to pass the baton... here are the fabulously stylish bloggers I'd like to find out more about:
PENNY DREADFUL VINTAGE
TEA, LOVE & ANARCHY
VAIN GLORY SINNER